.

.

Friday, November 6, 2015

Be Inspired


Sometimes, my head is so full with details and inspiration, that I have to empty it all out onto a piece of paper. An almost compulsive note-taker, not a day goes by when I don't see or think of something obscure that I must write down and remember - sometimes it is as normal as a photograph in a waiting room magazine, but other times I am inexplicably captured by the curved shape of sugar in a jar, or the movement of a worm trying to escape a rain puddle in the driveway.

I am not sure if this is normal, but I have come it accept it, and understand that it gives me an appreciation for random moments that would otherwise go unnoticed. Inspiration is everywhere, and while we can't all wander around gazing into puddles, there is a certain joy that happens when we open ourselves up to always being curious.

Recently, I was invited to write about my design ideas, and to share a favorite color inspiration. Not wanting to copy anyone else, I went back to my love of fashion, and chose a pale pink that I had seen all over the runway; paired dreamily with soft, warm shades of mink and cream it seemed especially perfect for these upcoming winter months.

When I see something that inspires me, I often hold my breath and don't want to exhale, afraid I will lose whatever beauty is placed in front of me.

One of the most common things that people say is that they don't know what they like, and I worry that they might be waiting for just one single, gigantic image to appear; something so perfect and spectacular that it will give them all the answers, and then they are done.

But life isn't like that, and thankfully a home isn't either; it is a constant, moving part of who we are, and we should swap and change our thoughts and ideas as we go along. Thank goodness for the internet, because if we aren't inspired by worms in puddles or sugar in a jar, we can log onto a world of wonder at just the click of a button.

Here are some of my favorite places to wander around for inspiration ....

Things Organized Neatly

Remodelista

Rodney Smith and Tim Walker

House of Humble

My Scandinivian Home

The Inspired Room

The Christmas Snail Explained

How to Decorate Like a Parisian

Anthropologie

House and Garden UK

The Novogratz Family

No comments: