It seems like a special kind of wonderful, that on my 100th blog posting day I got a nomination for the Versatile Blogger Award! I was asked to share seven things about myself, and then nominate others as well.
So, without further ado, here are seven things that you may, or may not, know about me:
- My upstairs bathroom is painted entirely in chalkboard paint (my daughter and her friend's draw and write on it all of the time). I also have a wall in my TV room that is entirely covered in chalkboard paint.
- My toaster says "TOAST" on the front of it (I have had it for over 10 years, and it still makes me smile every morning).
- I worked at the United Nations, in NYC, for three years.
- I cut and color my own hair all of the time; sometimes it is quite disasterous, but I do it anyway :-)
- Pencils are one of my favorite things (hate pens).
- I own a black jeep (it makes me think of New Zealand, where I grew up - the above composite photograph, called "Sheepsail" is by Ted Scott, it is one of my favorites).
- I am a ridiculous romantic; constantly dreaming, planning new things, head in the clouds...
Here are a few of the blogs that I read, and would nominate:
Beautiful Living Style (observations on life, style and the bits in between)
The Lettered Cottage (interior design - pretty and practical)
Rooms Reborn (interior redesign - more great ideas from Ann Anderson!)
The Happiness Project (no explanation needed - always a good dose of happiness when you need it)
Mind the Beginner (thoughts on life, and being better...)
Pink Miles (pink observations on running a family and a marathon)
New Light Redesign (interior redesign, decoratively speaking)
Jane Pollak (entrepreneurial inspiration, and a mental kick in the bum when you need it)