.

.

Thursday, March 12, 2015

Take Me With You!

One of the most favorite questions I get asked is, "How do I choose a _________? There are too many, and I don't know what I like, or where to start". It can be anything from a sofa to a cup hook, but instead of making life easier, having the luxury of choice has made decorating appear to be more complicated.

To me, questions like this are so much fun; an instant challenge that makes my heart beat faster, and my creativity push into high gear. Whether it is haggled for at a garage sale, bought on a lazy  afternoon, or saved up for over many months, it is all about making us feel happy and comfortable.

So, where do you begin if you want to go out and make a purchase for your home? I think it depends first on what it is; if it's decorative, the only rule is really whether you can afford it (and can it fit through your front door) but a practical purchase sometimes need a bit more thought. So, I thought it would be fun to make a check list that you could print out and take with you; just start in the middle, and see what you need. Hope this helps!


 
 
 

 
 
 
 

2 comments:

Kimberly Merritt said...

I love the diagram....it makes things so much easier to understand. Another great post, Wendy!

Wendy Wrzos said...

Thank you so much, Kim!
I wanted to try something different by doing the diagram.
- Wendy